I’m a Software Engineer living in Edinburgh, Scotland. I prefer people use singular they (they, them and their) for my pronouns.
I enjoy making open-source software, written largely in Kotlin. They’re often chat-focused - especially IRC (you can talk to me at #carrot/irc.imaginarynet.uk). I’ve started streaming coding sessions on Twitch, I’d really appreciate a follow!
At work I focus on native mobile development, and related infrastructure, for iOS (and sometimes Android). I’ve been working at FanDuel for around two years.
I also write blog posts about my projects, software engineering, and life in general:
- Over-engineering bunnies.io 🐰
- Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home Apps Released! 🐶🐱🎉
- Pragmatic Vegetarianism and More Ethical Meat Eating
Want to support my work, get sneak-peeks at side-projects, and other assorted goodies? Become a Patron for $1 ❤️👇
Stuff I’ve Made
I made apps for The Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home showcasing the cute animals they currently have up for adoption. As far as we know, it’s one of the first of its kind in the UK! The announcement blog post has more details. Get it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Willow Chat is a chat related ecosystem in active development, including:
- Thump, a Minecraft chat multiplexer with an IRC plugin made using Warren and Kale), that lets users chat with players in-game, and vice-versa
- Warren, IRCv3 state management
- Kale, IRCv3 parsing, serialising and helpers
- Hopper, an IRCv3 bouncer using REST endpoints and websockets
Some things I used to work on include: